Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Decade of Knowing You......and Yet Again

This is my first blog and I have no idea how its going to turn up. I have just got inspired by that somebody, a new friend, whom I got to know even better yesterday. Reading his blog made me realize there is much more to life than just this!

I wish to turn back the time machine to some 10 years back when I met this another friend of mine in my new workplace who seemed to be the kind so unlike me...Flirty, Loud, with a sense of humour that would always embarass anybody around him! He made us laugh, giggle and cry sometimes.

Unknowingly we started sharing a bond so thick and deep that it still exists. We could talk for hours and hours and yet not get tired and not lost for topics to talk. We could talk about everything under the sun, about our love life and yet not feel embarassed. I started discovering my new self with this friend of mine who had started making a difference in my life which I never knew existed. I still vividly remember the first office party with him and I discovered that I enjoyed dancing so much, I never knew though I am a classical dancer myself. All through the party he was with me as an Armour as if trying to protect me, a young bird I was just out of the nest.

Then came the toughest time of  my life...my nasty and awful breakup. You were there for me to listen to all my woes and hold my tears. Even though I was not the kind who would share all with somebody and didn't share it with you too, you gave me that much needed support and shoulder and were always around for me when I needed you. I cant tell you how much I missed you when you were away on onsite to Europe.

Then came the time which changed the course of life for me and helped me to come out of the breakup even though it was more than an year, coz I was still holding on to it....my first onsite wherein you had recommended me. Going to this faraway emerald isle just made me come out of it so much sooner than I had ever thought. A new phase of life had started for me with my team of 3 including you. We again started getting to know each other more and better. You were my only friend, mentor and guide then...officially and personally. The silly mistakes I used to commit in the codes and how you used to get upset on me. The outings on weekends to the pristine beaches and tea gardens. The rides on the jet scooter though we both didn't know swimming! The long days at the client site and late nights at the coffee bar with 4 of us spending hours and hours playing scrabble over a cup of cappuccino. The countless items I broke from drawers to spoons and you still mock me on it! The countless silly fights we have had over scrabble and I used to come and say sorry to you even though it wasn't my mistake! The weekends when we used to watch 4 movies back to back and the cooking and cleaning we 4 used to do together...How I wish I could relive those days…just once.

The return back to Mumbai was just as memorable only to know that we both would be now in different teams and locations. Then came the worst time of your life when your love started taking her step back. I still remember the look on your face from time to time but you never opened up and neither did I probe further. I still remember the last day we met in the bus before you left and I had tears in my eyes. Its been 6 years now from that day. We moved on...you met your love and life partner and I met mine. We still are in touch and share our worlds. Sometimes makes me feel...was that just friendship or probably a crush that we had for each other....we were so unlike!

And yet again...history repeats itself...I meet this new friend of mine somewhat the same no. of months back. Its kind of routine that we chat with each other everyday. I feel something is missing in my day if I don't share a word with him...may be just a 'Hi'. Its the same repeat of events with me sharing everything about me and myself and he is there around for me listening to every word of it. He is now my only friend, my mentor and guide. I again rediscovered that myself which I never knew existed. You gave me that part of my life which I probably wanted to live...and this friend made me realize what I want from life. He made me answer my own questions and not run away from myself. I'm so glad that I know him and that I know him better from yesterday. I just got inspired to open up and write this after I read his blog yesterday. I just hope this bond too gets thicker and deeper with time and I end up spending a decade or more in this relationship...a lifetime just as with you. Its a decade that I know you...and yet again....................with wet eyes and a choked throat I end this here.

No comments:

Post a Comment